Travel Award for International Skills and Knowledge Exchange
These grants are available to support research capacity building in lower-income economy parts of the world (as classified by the World Bank).
The grants will support either a visitor from a lower-income economy country to a host laboratory in a higher-income economy country in order to learn methods. Alternatively, the grants will support a person based in a higher-income economy visiting a lower-income economy country to assist with the set up of research. The Travel Award for International Skills and Knowledge Exchange should last between two and four weeks.
This grant is intended to cover reasonable travel, accommodation, and subsistence costs during your visit.
How much is available?
Up to £2,000 per grant. However applications are invited for smaller amounts of funding.
What are the criteria for eligibility?
- These grants are available to Postgraduate, Early Career, Full and Emeritus members.
- Either the applicant or the person hosting the Travel Award for International Skills and Knowledge Exchange must have been a member of the Biochemical Society for over 12 months on the closing date of the round that they apply to.
- The member applying for the grant must not have received a Travel Award for International Skills and Knowledge Exchange or a General Travel Grant from the Biochemical Society within the previous two years on the closing date of the round that they apply to.
- There must be an element of teaching during the Travel Award for International Skills and Knowledge Exchange, for example, giving research seminars. Successful applicants will show detailed plans for the dissemination of the knowledge transferred, detailing how the knowledge will be transferred beyond the fellow or host lab to improve research in the lower-income economy country.
- The grant is not intended to support collaborative visits.
|1 January||for visits anytime after||1 February|
|1 March||for visits anytime after||1 April|
|1 May||for visits anytime after||1 June|
|1 June||for visits anytime after||1 July|
|1 July||for visits anytime after||1 August|
|1 September||for visits anytime after||1 October|
|1 November||for visits anytime after||1 December|