International Sponsored Places - 2023
The Biochemical Society is sponsoring the registration costs of two of our outstanding Postgraduate or Early Career members to attend both the FEBS Young Scientist’s Forum from 6-8 July 2023 and the 47th FEBS Congress from 8-12 July 2023 in Tours, France.
The FEBS Congress and Young Scientists Forum gives you the opportunity to make connections with European colleagues and discuss your work with an international audience. More information about the 47th FEBS Congress can be read here and more details regarding the FEBS Young Scientists’ Forum can be seen here.
The grant provides two Biochemical Society members with:
Registration for both the 47th FEBS Congress and the Young Scientists’ Forum
Some meals and excursions
Up to £350 for travel costs
The theme for the Congress this year is “Together in bioscience for a better future”.
The following criteria are required in order to be eligible for a sponsored place:
- Applicant must be a current Postgraduate member of the Biochemical Society or an Early Career member of the Biochemical Society within the first five years of completing their PhD
- Applicant must be up to 35 years of age, except if studies were started later, or were delayed by maternity leave (18 months per child), prolonged illness or other personal reasons
- Applicant must submit a supporting letter from their supervisor
- Applicant must provide a single abstract that will be submitted to the YSF and 47th FEBS Congress if their application is successful. Both events should be attended.
- Successful applicants must submit a report and photographs of the Congress to the Biochemical Society no later than 30 days after returning from the Congress
Please note that applying for an International Sponsored Place will not affect your eligibility to apply for a General Travel Grant within the same calendar year.
Deadline: 14 November 2022