Diversity in Science Grants
Help create and support a representative scientific community with our Diversity in Science Grants – open for applications until Monday 21 November 2022.
The Biochemical Society’s Diversity in Science Grants scheme provides grants of up to £500 to individuals, groups, charities or not-for profit organizations. At its discretion, the Society may award up to £1,000 for individual projects.
We are excited to hear from any individual or group with a project that will support and address issues relating to inclusion and diversity in science. You do not need to be a member of the Society to apply and you don’t need to be based in the UK; these grants are open to applicants from any country. Previous recipients of any of our grants are welcome to apply for funding from this scheme.
You can read more about the Society’s commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion here.
Applicants will need to demonstrate:
- An understanding of issues and challenges pertaining to diversity in science.
- An awareness of channels and networks which address diversity in science, through which any achievements arising from the grant may be disseminated.
- Originality and relevance of the proposed approach in addressing issues and challenges relating to diversity in science.
- How you will evaluate the potential impact.
- Proven research capability and experience, if the grant is to be used to fund a research project.
- A defined time-period for the activity (for grants awarded in 2022 it is expected that the project will be completed by 31 October 2023.)
- Evidence of additional/future funding to ensure project sustainability if catalytic funding is being sought.
Deadline: 21 November 2022